Got some WMV videos and wanna play the file with DVD player from USB. As far as I know, most DVD players can play the DVD file formats in VOB, MPEG2 (also called H.222 or H.262) with commonly AC-3 or PCM audio discs playing. and the AVI videos if they have the divx/xvid codec inside. So, it may need some preparation before I can watch WMV files on DVD Player.
To have a smooth playback, you need convert WMV to DVD player compatible video formats first. To finish the task, Brorsoft Video Converter is highly recommended to you. With it, you can do batch conversion from WMV, MKV, MP4, MOV, FLV, etc. to a fully compatible format by DVD player with fast encoding speed and excellent output quality. If you’re using a Mac, simply turn to its equivalent Mac version – Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac.
How to convert WMV videos to DVD player friendly format
Step 1: Drag and drop WMV files to the app. Or you can click “Add Video” button to locate the WMV files you want to add. The app supports batch conversion, so you can add more than one file at a time.
Step 2: From the drop-down list of “Format” you can select “DIVX” from “Common Video” category as the output format. You can also choose “MPEG-2” as the output format. When you have selected the output format, you should select a destination folder for the output file by clicking “Output Folder”, you can also let it be the default one.
Tips: You can also click “Settings” to customize output video parameters such as video size, video bitrate, audio channels and so on depending on your needs.
Step 3: When all the work has been done, please click green arrow button to start converting your WMV files to MPEG-2 or DivX.
Once it is completed, you can click “Open” to find your output video files. Afterwards, simply import converted WMV files to DVD player. At last, you can play WMV videos on DVD player with best quality.
Extended Knowledge | How to Transfer videos to USB and play with DVD Player
1. Put your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
2. Open your USB flash drive by clicking on “My Computer” and then clicking on the icon for your flash drive.
3. Drag the appropriately formatted video files into this window. They will now be transferred to your USB flash drive.
4. Remove the USB flash drive from your computer.
5. Put your USB flash drive into an open USB port on your DVD player.
6. Use your DVD player’s remote control to navigate to the “USB Flash Drive” menu. Select the file you want to play from the list by highlighting it and pressing the “Enter” or “Play” buttons on the remote. The file will now play on your TV screen.