Ever tried to import .MXF files to Sony Vegas Pro 13/12? In fact, it is easy, fast and worth the effort. This tutorial mainly explains you how to get Sony Vegas Pro work beautifully with raw MXF files.
MXF (Material eXchange Format) is a container format for professional digital video and audio media defined by a set of SMPTE standards. The video format is created specifically for HD digital camcorders like Canon C300, Canon XF100, Canon XF105, Sony XDCAM series and Panasonic P2 series. Although Sony Claims it can work with MXF format, some users still have troubles when importing MXF files to Sony Vegas (including Vegas Pro 13/12). And the following problems many happen:
- Choppy frames at the end of the MXF footage;
- Sony Vegas is not able to import the .MXF video clip;
- Sony Vegas crashes after the file is imported;
- It takes much time to render the MXF videos for Sony Vegas editing.
These are the common problems encountered by many users who wanna handle raw MXF files in Sony Vegas. What’s available workaround to successfully load MXF files to Sony Vegas? In fact, it is easy, fast and worth the effort. The best way to let Sony Vegas work with MXF files is to convert these files to Vegas compatible formats like WMV or MOV previously.
Actually, it’s not as difficult as you imagine. To do that, you can use Brorsoft MXF Converter, which supports optimized presets for Sony Vegas. If you’re interested in doing likewise, check out the guide below to convert and put MXF recordings to Sony Vegas so that you can make engaging movies with your MXF clips.
How to convert MXF to Sony Vegas friendly formats
- Step 1. Install and launch the MXF to Sony Vegas converter. Click the Add button to import your MXF videos to the program. Checking the “Merge into one file” box allows you to merge several videos into one file.
- Step 2. Click the format bar, and move mouse cursor to Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas and choose MPEG-2 as output format. Besides, you can also choose WMV (VC-1) (*.wmv) if you want to get the MXF files converted with smaller size.
- Tip – (Optional) You can click “Properties” to adjust the audio stream ID if you find the MXF files no sound. Besides, you can click “Settings” button to adjust the resolution, bitrate, etc. Just customize the parameters to meet your need.
- Step 3. Finally, click “Convert” button and your MXF files will be converted into MPEG-2 or WMV files ready to be imported into Sony Vegas Pro 13/12.