PowerPoint provides many flexibility and ability for you to create your professional and customized presentation. If you have some MOV files, you may wanna insert MOV to PowerPoint. Below is a step-by-step guide for you.
1. Download and set up QuickTime.
The free media player can be obtained directly from Apple.
2. Launch a presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint.
Click through to the slide where you want to embed the QuickTime movie. Click the “Insert” tab on the application menu and select the “Video” icon.
3. Choose a video file.
Choose the “Video from File…” option under the fly-out menu and a file selection window will open. Select the MOV file and click “Open.” The media will be embedded on the selected PowerPoint slide.
4. Select the viewing area for the embedded QuickTime movie.
Click the “Playback” tab on the application menu. In the “Video Options” section, open the “Start” pull-down menu and choose “Automatically.” The video will be programmed to stream automatically when the slide loads. You will not have to click on the media to play it.
5. Click the “Slideshow” tab and select “From Beginning” to play the presentation.
The embedded QuickTime movie will automatically stream when its slide appears. Control playback of the video with the commands on the control bar. When the presentation finishes, click “Exit.”
6. Finalize the changes to the PowerPoint.
Click the “File” tab and select “Save” to finalize the changes to the PowerPoint presentation. The embedded QuickTime movie will remain linked with the slideshow.
Note: PowerPoint 2013 and later can only support to add MP4 video with .mov extension.
The 32-bit version of PowerPoint 2010 can only play MOV file if your computer has installed a QuickTime Player.
PowerPoint 2007 and previous version can not add any MOV file.
Best Way to Embed MOV Files to PowerPoint
If you want to add any MOV file into PowerPoint, no matter what PowerPoint version you have? The simplest way to insert any unsupported MOV file into PowerPoint is to find a MOV to PowerPoint converter to convert the unsupported MOV to PowerPoint supported one. And then insert the converted one into your presentation.
Brorsoft Video Converter (Video Converter for Mac) is the best took kit that lets you transcode between MOV, AVI, WMV, MKV, TS, VOB, MPG, MTS, M2TS, MP4, TOD, MOD, TiVo, etc. It also features basic editing features such as trimming, merging, cropping, watermarking, and audio replacing facility. By using the trimming action you can clip a specific duration from a video clip and turn it into PowerPoint preferred format.
How to convert MOV to PowerPoint supported formats
1. Click the”A” button to load MOV files from your computer or other devices like USB device, camcorder, etc.
2. Click Format bar and choose your desired format. To embed MOV to PowerPoint, you can choose WMV or AVI format from Common Video profile list.
Tip: Click the “Edit” button and edit your videos before processing format conversion. There are main seven functions available: Trim, Crop, Text Watermark, Image/Video Watermark, Effect, Audio Editor, and Subtitle.
3. Click “Convert” to begin converting MOV to PowerPoint compatible video files. After the conversion, you will get the desired videos in the destination folder. Then you can Insert your converted QuickTime MOV video to PowerPoint with smooth playback.
Play MOV in Windows Media Player from Dropbox
5 Best Video Converter for Windows Review 2017
DJI Phantom 3 MP4/MOV in Windows Media Player Issues- Fixed
Can Windows Media Player Open And View MP4 Movies
Guide on Converting MOV to MP4 With VLC
Play VOb Files in Windows Media Player on Windows 10