Want to make and set your own Ringtone on Samsung Galaxy S5 or Galaxy S4, S3? Look no further, find it out here!
How many times have you been sitting around with friends when their phone rings and you hear the opening theme to Knight Rider, or the subtle hum of the Starship Enterprise and thought to yourself, “Dang, I wish I had that ringtone.” Well, now you can and it won’t cost you a dime. The chances are good that you’ll want to use your own sounds and ringtones. Here are some tips for you to custom your own ringtone on Galaxy S5.
How to Change the Ringtone on Samsung Galaxy S5 (or S4, S3)
- If you’re a bit bored with your default ringtone on the Galaxy S5 and just want a change. The default ringtone on your Samsung Galaxy S5 can be changed in a few steps. Just follow the guide below.
- From the Galaxy S5 home screen, find and select the Settings app.
- Once inside the app, scroll down and tap Sound.
- Next, tap Phone ringtone.
- Finally, scroll to the ringtone you want, select it and then tap OK.
How to set a MP3 song as ringtone on Samsung Galaxy S5?
- To use the currently-playing MP3 song as ringtone, tap Menu → Set as → Phone ringtone.
How to cut 30 seconds from a song to save as Samsung Galaxy S5 ringtone?
- If you have a MP3 song and wanna keep only a few seconds as ringtone, the Brorsoft Video Converter is a free and easy tool available. Follow the guide below to split/trim/cut an audio.
- Step 1. Install and Run the Brorsoft Video Converter on computer. Drag and drop the audio to the software.
- Supported input audio format: *.au, *.mp3, *.dts, *.ac3, *.mp2, *.m4a, *.flac, *.ape, *.ogg, *.8svx, *.aiff,*.aif, *.caf, *.dts, *.smv, *.tta, *.voc, *.aac.
- Step 2. In case, your original songs are in WMA, M4A, OGG, MKA, etc that can’t be supported by Samsung phones, you need to convert these audio files first. Click on the “Format” bar and choose “Common Audio > MP3 – MPEG Layer-3 Audio(*.mp3)” from its drop-down list.
- Step 3. Select the audio in file list, click “Edit” button.
- Step 4. In the Video Editor, set starting and ending time. Click the “Play” button to play the audio. When it plays to where you would like to set as starting time, click the left square bracket to set it, and use the right square bracket to set the ending time in the same way. Click “OK” to save your settings.
- Step 5. Back to the main interface, click the “Convert” button to cut and save selected section as MP3 file.
- Step 6. The process may take a few seconds. When conversion completes, press “Open” to find clipped MP3.
- Step 7. Now transfer the song to Galaxy S5. Play the song on S5 and set it as ringtone.
The Brorsoft Video Converter also lets you extract audios from AVI, MKV, MP4, WMV, MPEG, MPG, FLV (Flash Video), MOV, MP4, 3GP video files and save the audio track to MP3/ WMA/ WAV/ AAC/ AC3/ MKA/ FLAC files. If you’d like to take a few secs’ audio from a DVD/Blu-ray and various formats of videos, you’d download the all-in-one bundle package Video Converter Ultimate (which deals with video, DVD and Blu-rays).