Does anyone know what is the best way to convert a TiVo recording (using TiVo Desktop Plus) made on a Series 2 device (not HD) that will play back on the Roku? Put another way, what is the best conversion format for an original “tivo” file to then play on the Roku? After reading several different posts here I put together a working workflow. For anyone who are planning to play TiVo on Roku, just read on to get some hints.
Based on our testing and other users’ reports, to play TiVo recordings on Roku, you have to convert TiVo recordings to Roku officially supported MP4 format. Brorsoft Video Converter is recommended as the best TiVo to Roku converter. With it, you can convert TiVo movies to MP4 (H.264) for Roku keeping the original video quality. The whole conversion process is easy and fast. It can also convert TiVo to more devices, as it offers optimized presets for various gadgets, like Android, iPhone, iPad, Xbox, PSP, Wii, and more. If you are Mac users who want to convert TiVo videos to Roku friendly format on Mac OS X, just try Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac – an excellent Mac TiVo converter.
How to convert TiVo to Roku 3/4/Ultra Video Format
1. Load TiVo files > Start up the best TiVo converter program, and then click “Add” to import all .tivo files.
Tip: When first loading this TiVo converter, you will need to input your Media Access Key. Simply press “Option” button and switch to “TiVo” tab to enter your Media Access Key, and click “OK” to confirm.
2. Select format for Roku > Click Format bar and choose Common Video > H.264 Video (*.mp4) as output format. Why we recommend mp4 as the target format is that by packing the videos in mp4, the file size will be reasonable small and the video quality remains.
3. Advanced video/audio settings > Roku does play MP4 files according to the relevant info in Roku official site. However, Roku just plays the MP4 files with H.264 video codec and AAC audio. Click the Settings icon to set the correct video, audio codecs.
4. Convert TiVo to Roku > Click the Convert button to start encoding TiVo to Roku friendly video. Then conversion won’t take too much time if your video files are not too large. When the conversion completes, click Open to get the converted MP4 videos and now you’ve get all done.
Additional Tips | How to Play Movies on Your Roku 4 from a USB Drive
1. Install the Roku Media Player channel, either through the Channel Store on your Roku or via Roku’s website.
2. Add the video file to your external USB drive from your computer.
3. Connect the USB drive to the Roku’s USB port, located on the right side of the box.
4. Launch the Roku Media Player channel and select Videos.
5. Choose the drive that’s attached to the Roku.
6. Navigate to the folder that has the video file you want to watch. Click OK to open the folder.
7. Select the video to watch and click Play on the remote.
How to Insert And Play MOV in Powerpoint
Play MOV in Windows Media Player from Dropbox
Importing AVI to Videopad No Image- Solution
Solution to Plex Can’t Play Webm Files
Playing AVI Files on Panasonic TV from USB