You may have found many interesting videos that make everyone laugh on YouTube, or you’ve downloaded some other kind videos on your computer. There are some occasions that you want to make these downloaded YouTube videos more stylish in Windows Movie Maker. When you tried to open them in WMM, you’ll find that they just can’t be recognized. The reason is that YouTube videos are often in FLV format, and FLV is not in the supported format list of Windows Movie Maker. Frankly, there are two easy ways to import YouTube videos to Windows Movie Maker. Just check them out.
Solution One: Downloading K-lite Mega Codec Pack
The first solution is to get the right FLV codec for Windows Movie Maker. Here is the case for you, and I recommend you get the K-lite Mega Codec Pack. It’s really good, and it’s free too. You can get that here.
Once you have that installed, follow the steps below in order to import the .flv file into Windows Movie Maker.
1. Rename your file extension from .flv to avi. (E.G if your file was called Hello.flv then rename it to Hello.avi)
2. Try to import Hello.avi into Windows Movie Maker.
3. If it doesn’t work, then in Windows Movie Maker click Tools, then click options. On the compatibility tab make sure that all of your codecs are ticked. Now try to import the file again.
Solution Two: Convert .FLV files to Windows Movie Maker
If the first solution doesn’t work, you’ll need to convert your FLV to a supported file type by Windows Movie Maker in order to import it. Actually, it’s not as difficult as you imagine. What’s need is a just a common video converter like Brorsoft Video Converter. It supports creating high quality WMV video for your Windows Movie Maker, no matter what’s the format of your source video files. It can convert almost any video to WMV so you can import your video to Windows Movie Maker for editing. Plus, it comes with all regular video editing tools like Trim, Crop, Effect, Subtitle, Watermark. For basic video editing tasks, you can even replace your Windows Movie Maker with it.
Steps of converting YouTube FLV videos to Windows Movie Maker
Step 1: Download, install and run Brorsoft Video Converter as the YouTube to Windows Movie Maker converter. After that, click “Add Video” button to load YouTube videos you want to convert. You can also directly drag and drop your videos to the program.
Step 2: Hit the Format box and select HD Video –>WMV HD(*.wmv) on the dropdown menu as output format. Besides, you can also choose Divx HD(*.avi) as output if you have not installed the .wmv codec.
Step 3: Simply click the Convert button to start converting FLV video to Windows Movie Maker friendly video formats.
Additional features of this FLV to Windows Movie Maker converter:
1. You can check the “Merge into one” box to join multiple video clips together.
2. If you like, adjust video and audio parameters, including the Bitrate of Video and Audio, the Codec of Video and Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., by clicking the Settings button on the main interface for getting the best quality.